|Real Name||Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin|
|Peter Nicholas, the Proletarian, Little Brother|
| Efim Rasputin (paternal great-great-grandfather, deceased);|
Grigory Rasputin (paternal great-granfather, deceased);
Elena Rasputin (paternal great-grandmother, deceased);
Ivan Rasputin (paternal great-great-uncle);
Grigory Rasputin (paternal grandfather, deceased);
Mr. Mishchenko (paternal uncle-in-law, deceased);
unnamed paternal aunt (deceased);
Vladimir Rasputin (paternal uncle, deceased);
Nikolai Rasputin (father, deceased);
Alexandra Rasputin (mother, deceased);
Mikhail Rasputin (brother);
Illyana Rasputin (sister);
Tra-Mai-A-Zath (sister-in-law, deceased);
Konstantin Rasputin (paternal cousin, deceased);
Klara Rasputin (paternal cousin, deceased);
Dimitriy Rasputin (paternal cousin, deceased);
Larisa Mishchenko (paternal cousin, deceased);
Pavel Plotnick (paternal distant relative);
Lamar Plotnick (paternal distant relative);
Lavinia Plotnick (paternal distant relative);
Grisha Rasputin (paternal distant relative);
Yuri Girgorievich (paternal distant relative, deceased);
Rasputin Family (relatives);
|Adventurer; former artist, mutant activist, painter, student|
|May 1, 1981|
Base Of Operations
|Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, Westchester County, New York|
|Education||College level courses at Xavier's, no degree|
|250 lbs (113 kg) (normal), 500 lbs (227 kg) (armored)|
|Eyes||Brown (normal), White (armored)|
|Skin||White, fair, Silver (armored)|
|Silver body while Armored|
|Mutant who was taken in by Charles Xavier|
|Place Of Birth||Lake Baikal, Siberia, Russia|
|Voiced By||Nolan North|
Colossus (born Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin) is a mutant who can cover his entire body in an incredibly dense, organic metallic layer, which grants him incredible levels of physical strength and durability.
Despite his fearful appearance and his hulking powers, Piotr is a kind and gentle soul, always disposed to help the younger students of the Institute and ready to put his strength at the service of whoever needs it. Colossus had a talent for art and somewhat a cheeky sense of humor. Colossus seems to have an honorable nature. He is also extremely respectful to women, Colossus seems to dislike obscene or explicit displays.
Powers and Abilities
- Organic Steel Form: Colossus is a mutant with the superhuman ability to convert the tissue of his entire body into an organic steel-like substance. This substance resembling steel is of unknown composition but appears to be analogous to osmium and to carbon steel. He is able to transform into this armor-like state at will (the process is virtually instantaneous) and remain in that form for an as yet undetermined amount of time. (The longest time he has remained in armored form by choice so far has been five days). Once in his armored form he remains so until he consciously wills himself back to normal. If he is rendered unconscious, however, he spontaneously reverts to his normal form. While in the armored state, Colossus possesses the same degree of mobility that he does in his normal form. The conversion from flesh and bone to organic steel is accomplished by a psionic whole-brain interface with an ionic form of osmium, an extremely dense metal, located in another dimension. In willing the act of transformation, Colossus actually exchanges osmium atoms for his carbon atoms. The psionic interface with the other dimension re-creates all of Colossus's body in functionally similar organic ionic-osmium materials. The process by which Colossus gains additional mass from an unknown, perhaps extra-dimensional, force remains unknown. Colossus cannot become partially or selectively armored; his body is either entirely converted or not.
- Superhuman Strength: After transforming into his armored state, Colossus possesses vast, inhuman strength, allowing him to send people flying with one arm, break stone or dent metal effortlessly, and is immune to the strength of regular humans and even most superhumans. Even without his metal form, he broke through a wall effortlessly with his fist and carry a very large TV under one arm whilst walking.
- Superhuman Stamina: Also, while in armored form, Colossus' musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins than the musculature of a normal human. At his peak, he can physically exert himself at peak capacity for several days before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him. He was unfazed by touching Rogue and could give her his armor abilities for as long as she touched him, without any visible cost to himself.
- Superhuman Durability: In his armored form, Colossus is completely bulletproof and invulnerable to most forms of bodily harm. He can survive extremes of temperature. He can also survive falls from great heights while in his armored body. Unlike most characters, Colossus demonstrates a significant resistance to Rogue's absorption abilities. Most victims are left nearly powerless and weak. Colossus simply shrugged off the effect. He can survive extremes of temperature from 70 degrees above absolute zero (-390 degrees Fahrenheit) to approximately 9000 degrees Fahrenheit. He can survive a collision with a loaded, ten-ton flatbed truck at 100 miles per hour or an explosion of 4500 pounds of TNT. He can also survive falls from great heights while in his armored body.
- Skilled Painter: Piotr is a highly skilled artist, once becoming very famous using the name Peter Nicholas while suffering from amnesia.
- Expert Combatant: Even though Piotr has a gentle demeanor and personality, he is a skilled hand to hand combatant, having received some training personally from Wolverine. He has also honed himself through years of combat training within the X-Men's Danger Room.
- Stronger Material: Colossus's metal skin is vulnerable to the anti-metal Vibranium. Colossus instinctively turns back into his normal form when he comes into contact with something made of Vibranium. He can also be damaged when he is attacked by something made from or bonded with a stronger material (e.g. Wolverine's Adamantium bonded claws).
- Magnetism: Due to being made of metal in his armored form, he still vulnerable to all effects that would affect normal metals, including Magnetism.
Paints, brushes, canvas.
- Piotr is a fan of Neil Diamond.
- Colossus has identified himself as an atheist.